Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dream Theater!


On my way back from dry boring day, I was listening to one recording by one of my favorites, Dreamtheatre. While listening to “Home” numerous thoughts ran through my mind. One of which gave me a reason to pen down the sensation. This particular soundtrack instigates with a very measured start, signifying a serene land. But, the peaceful land has some indications of forthcoming turbulence. A blissful father spending time with his children, unaware of the danger which lies ahead. Unexpectedly, a blast, rips everything apart, riot breaks out. The small family gets shattered by the devastating face of terror. With A roar of heavy drums and shriek, the music in one go, didn’t miss to give an adrenalin rush to my senses.

Bang! It opened the doors of my mind. It gave me energy to think beyond the boundaries. The heaviness of the music gave me sense of power. This power to think the unthinkable, achieve the unachievable, solving the mingled chain of impossibilities.

Fascinated by this music, I thought of my mind to every song. It is actually a fun when your thoughts run along with the music you hear. The beauty of music is that the meaning of is different to different people. Although, the music might have a different to the composer, your thoughts may vary.I think it’s a beautiful way to reflect your state of mind at any given point in time. Just brush down your thoughts on a piece of paper, and see how beautifully you come up with interpretation of the music.

Its heartening to see that how music can bring together people of different countries. The most fascinating thing about music is how freely it flows across boundaries, across people, across caste and religion, across age. I think it’s the only thing in the world that enjoys complete freedom. Freedom to express itself, the freedom to be itself. It breaks itself free of conservatism, narrow thinking, racism and all possible malice to society.

For precisely this reason, whenever im caught in the tough situations I direct all my energy to music. It helps me unwind myself in the most appropriate fashion. The power of music has the most effective power to heal. Probably that’s why they call it religion.

Loosen up! Shake it up! Just loosen up a bit and shake away the worries and fear outa your mind through the mystical power of music.

1 comment: